Crossing the Gore

see those triangular chevron'd areas ?  that's the start of this whole deal

Remember the Tony Romo incident in Milwaukee:

https://wb9kzy.blogspot.com/2026/07/tony-tony-tony.html

I happened to see another article on the citations:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/former-cowboys-star-tony-romo-hit-with-3-new-citations-after-arrest-in-wisconsin/ar-AA2b8q8N

But the thing that caught me eye was this:




So the reason why Tony Romo was pulled over was that he crossed the gore.  I'll be honest, I had never heard gore used in this context before.  The only gore I remember from drivers ed were those scare you to death accident movies that we saw ("did you see that one guy ?  were those his brains ?").  Here is what the wiki says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_(road)

So basically just don't cross a solid white line to save a little time in Milwaukee, the time savings will go "poof".  Also in Tony Romo's case, it gives CBS an excuse to get out from under his contract.  Just a short excursion into the chevrons and potentially millions of dollars also vaporize ?  Yikes !

A classmate and former police pointed out another legal term: Curtilage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage

So thanks Tony Romo, you've gotten me to learn two new vocabulary words !  :)

Tony: You were really good on CBS at the start - from now on, stay in your lane, bro !

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm 



Comments