Gyros
I've mentioned UWM before:
https://wb9kzy.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-university-of-wisconsin-milwaukee.html
The UWM Student Union had beer and food available in the basement (The Gasthaus), found a couple of pictures:
Semi-obligatory inflated price:
![]() |
| that's roughly what a gyros would cost at Oakland Gyros today |
They also showed movies in the evening but by then I was usually back home - a day student. There was also bowling where there supposedly were vending machines with beer but they must have been taken out or I would have gotten a picture :)
But I noticed the gyros on the menu - I never had gyros until I moved to the Chicago area a few years later - no sense of culinary adventure then. That spicy lamb carved from a rotating spit, served on a pita with that tangy dressing, yum ! No wonder I used to weigh 50 pounds more than I do now :)
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm



Comments