Inflation

File size inflation not monetary inflation.  All I wanted to do was to update my website URL and email address on the markers.pdf document that I wrote in 1999.  That original pdf was 68 kb in size.  I blogged about the loss of Worldnet before (which is why I wanted to edit the doc):

https://wb9kzy.blogspot.com/2022/04/when-internet-changes-its-usually-for.html

I didn't want to spend a lot of time and effort on finding the original document file, so I just used Libre-office to edit the pdf file as an open-document graphics file.  Then I just changed the old stuff to new, saved it as a pdf file and now it's over 1 megabyte in size !

From 68 kb to 1011kb, that's roughly 15 times the original size !

Haven't we made a lot of progress in the 21st century !  (lucky the internet speeds are 15x what they used to be, even here on the island).

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm



Comments