When the internet changes it's usually for the worse

 I remember in the dim past, the late 20th century, I first gained access to the internet by email.  This was done via the SBAonline BBS.  It was really wonderful, the SBA had a dial up BBS with an 800 number.  It had message areas, and of course it allowed the user to sign up and receive an email address.  With that it was possible to do searches and join email lists (like qrp-l).  As you might imagine it didn't last that long.  

So I signed up for AT&T Worldnet.  It also had dialup access via an 800 number but with monthly and per minute access charges.  So I was able to continue with the email lists and also start selling kits and eventually had a web site:

But you can see that the Wayback stopped crawling my site in 2008-9.

jacksonharbor.home.att.net life span

home.att.net/~jacksonharbor alternate URL lasted a little longer ?

  This was due to ATT dropping Worldnet.  Maybe they didn't want to make a few dollars a month from people when they could lose bushels of dollars every day on stuff like Direct TV ?  Who knows ?

So I had to scramble and find hosting and move my site to the present wb9kzy.com.  
wb9kzy.com finally gets picked up by the wayback in 2010



Unfortunately the worst thing was losing the worldnet email addresses.  I know there are still documents with my old jacksonharbor at att dot net still floating around the internet (including my web site although I tried to update all the docs).  I cringe that people may still be trying to contact me and not having success.  I would have been happy to pay for just having those email addresses each month but nope, ATT wasn't interested.  

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm