The end of parcels by mail ?
The price on this 4 oz parcel sent USPS Ground Advantage to the southeast US from the Island was $8.24 ! On October 3rd the rate was $5.58. 8.24 / 5.58 = 1.48 or roughly a 50 percent increase. How will anyone on Ebay be able to sell a postpaid item for less than $10 ?
My kit customer only paid $6 for shipping so that's $2.24 out of my pocket to send this order :(
I've raised shipping to $9 per order immediately (1.5 times the old $6 rate). The new USPS rate is supposed to be temporary but I suspect it will be made permanent in 2027 :(
http://wb9kzy.com/shiphand.htm
The $90bribe windfall mentioned yesterday will cover any shipping shortfall in orders that were mailed before today.
Another brick in the wall, another nail in the coffin - will this be the end of Jackson Harbor Press kits ? We'll see how I feel next January.
I've raised shipping to $9 per order immediately (1.5 times the old $6 rate). The new USPS rate is supposed to be temporary but I suspect it will be made permanent in 2027 :(
http://wb9kzy.com/shiphand.htm
The $90
Another brick in the wall, another nail in the coffin - will this be the end of Jackson Harbor Press kits ? We'll see how I feel next January.
Update afternoon: another kit order arrived from MI. This time the USPS rate was more reasonable:
Hopefully I haven't overcompensated on shipping due to that first order.
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm



Comments