Xteink X3
I took a required engineering design class in college - one thing they gave us was a deck of cards (about the size of the chance cards in Monopoly). The cards provided suggestions on designing a product - I remember one of those cards said something like: Make it smaller - that is what Xteink did with their e-readers:
![]() |
| about the size of a credit card |
I saw the Xteink X3 mini ebook reader reviewed in The Atlantic:
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/2026/09/xteink-e-reader-best-technology-years/688539/
the Xteink X3 page:
https://www.xteink.com/products/xteink-x3
Incidentally I have actually read the book mentioned in The Atlantic review, The Power Broker - in hardcover - I have it around here somewhere, I remember the cover picture of Robert Moses standing on a beam:
![]() |
| from the 1930s to the 1960s Robert Moses was hot stuff in New York |
The Power Broker is a really interesting book. But I always wondered: how did author Caro know that Robert Moses was uncircumcised ? :)
Similarly, having read Sandy Koufax, A Lefty's Legacy how did author Leavy know that Koufax's mom had a muscular back ? :)
So I'm obviously missing the important points of the books but those aren't always memorable. Also, I didn't read the footnotes, usually they are about 1/4 of some of these non-fiction books, so the sources may well have been documented.
I will put off buying the Xteink X3 a while - no sense buying yet another thingy that just gathers dust :(
Also, unlike the Iphone, magnets don't stick to the Moto G 2025 phone I have :(
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm




Comments