those old changing wholesaler blues

I went to Mann's Store on Tuesday morning looking for old people fuel (aka bananas) - nope !  Even though I had been warned about it, they didn't have a sale flyer either !  :(  They didn't have the Arizona Just Tea 1 gallon jug that I often get either (although I am getting tired of iced tea - I like the Arizona 1 gallon container, nice and sturdy, good for maple sap or distilled water).  There were other items in dwindling supply as well.

However I did see some Best Choice items (the new wholesaler brand) showing up amidst the old Our Family.  For example, I bought a carton of eggs:



They haven't had eggs in Styrofoam containers in a long while.

Strangely enough I found this in my pantry:
Best Choice version of Tums



A expiration date of 7/22 would imply that Mann's last sold Best Choice items maybe 6 or 7 years ago ?  I can't really remember.  I assume that a clone of Tums is basically just chalk plus some sugar and flavor so it should last forever in an unopened container, right ?  :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm



Comments