Depressing Songs
I saw this comic page from Pinterest:
It reminded me of a song that my Dad once told me about called Gloomy Sunday:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloomy_Sunday
Here is the version by Billie Holiday:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2AuLaClmk
According to my Dad the song was so depressing that people would commit suicide due to hearing it - and (wait for it) IT WAS BANNED ! (not really).
That in turn reminded me of a song I heard during high school called DOA:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOMIYEfN7fU
The group was called Bloodrock ? I didn't remember that. But what a dumb song, yuck. It came out when I was in high school, luckily before I took drivers ed. I always assumed that the song was about a car crash but no, it was a plane crash per the wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.O.A._(song)
So I've heard and read this gloomy material and yet I've survived three score and ten :)
This material raises the age old question: is it better to be good or memorable ?
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm
It reminded me of a song that my Dad once told me about called Gloomy Sunday:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloomy_Sunday
Here is the version by Billie Holiday:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2AuLaClmk
According to my Dad the song was so depressing that people would commit suicide due to hearing it - and (wait for it) IT WAS BANNED ! (not really).
That in turn reminded me of a song I heard during high school called DOA:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOMIYEfN7fU
The group was called Bloodrock ? I didn't remember that. But what a dumb song, yuck. It came out when I was in high school, luckily before I took drivers ed. I always assumed that the song was about a car crash but no, it was a plane crash per the wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.O.A._(song)
So I've heard and read this gloomy material and yet I've survived three score and ten :)
This material raises the age old question: is it better to be good or memorable ?
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm

Comments