Miscellaneous End of Week
Several items:
First, the Brewers manager, Pat Murphy, is NOT afraid to make a decision. For the second time recently he changed pitchers in the middle of an at-bat ! Thursday afternoon Murph replaced Robert Gasser during the Mariners game:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8qxh4gqJ34
On August 3rd Murph replaced Brandon Sproat versus the Pirates:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYNhK7-CvFM
Murph is definitely serious about the end of the season ! But the Brewers did finally win:
BTW, the only other time I remember seeing this was in a Cubs game during the 1980s - I'm sure it happens a lot more but gotta figure that it could be seen as a public insult to the pitcher (reminds me of the schoolyard refrain: "but we didn't get our last ups" - IOW the pitcher didn't get a chance to redeem the at bat).
Second: During the afternoon while checking the laundry on the line I saw this:
2026 is a cicada year here on the island. The question is, will I be here for the next cicada hatch in 17 years (or is it 13 ?). I hope so, but even if I'm not maybe that just means I've moved off the island :)
Also, will this blog post be here in 17 years ? What will have changed in that time ?
Third: Finally saw this mantis (praying or preying ?) by the front door while bringing the cam in from the rain this early Friday AM in the dark.
Why are these so rare compared to monsquitos, flies and ticks ?
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm



Comments