Is anything is just a coincidence on the internet ?
For some reason I thought of the song: Bandstand Boogie. I found it on Youtube, there is the original instrumental by Les Elgart and his orchestra (which is really catchy and brief):
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHiFsRQEHQw
Then there's also the version with lyrics by Barry Manilow (longer but also good):
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTXWf2_H0FI
Now this search was in a private window, so theoretically it shouldn't "pollute" my regular Youtube feed, right ?
But then later in the day my regular Youtube feed recommended this:
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsLT-zRWWdQ
I didn't actually watch this Youtube video, I watched the movie instead.
Escape From New York is a good movie, fast paced and entertaining but there's almost no music - except for the Les Elgart version of Bandstand Boogie !
Ernest Borgnine's character, Cabbie, has it on cassette in his yellow
Checker cab. And the song plays a role in the ending, too.
But did Youtube recommend that Escape From New York extra scenes video just because of the algorithm or was is aware of that Bandstand Boogie connection ?
I gotta turn off the computer and get outside to enjoy this nice weather ! :)
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm


Comments