Funny Money
For some reason I remembered these - I think they must have made the TV news in 1968:
source: https://www.ebay.com/itm/377003893199
A famous stunt from 1968 by Dick Gregory. I never actually saw one but it got a LOT of free publicity. One weird thing, this one is different:
Apparently the VP changed along the way from David Frost to Mark Lane ?
No, it explains it in the wiki (apparently Dr. Spock was another VP running mate):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Gregory
BTW, this was NOT the TV David Frost from England, this David Frost was from NJ:
Here are Gregory and Frost with supporters in 1968:
Dick Gregory was quite a guy, as the old saying goes: "often wrong but never in doubt" :)
He would have been a better President than the current occupant. I always had the belief that Dick Gregory, whatever his faults, actually liked people. But maybe he lost a little of his sense of humor along the way ?
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm





Comments