TVI no more

I found this Ameco HP-300T during my eternal search:




Here is the packaging:



And the instructions:




I have no recollection of buying this - must have been a tail-end addition to get to a minimum order amount ?

I was thinking of maybe looking at it with the NanoVNA but then would need baluns and also possibly attenuators and became mentally exhausted !  :)

I wonder if anyone ever needs these anymore ?  I remember the evening cries at my house when I was in high school:  "TVI - TVI !"   In other words, time to pull the switch, Chuck.  I don't know why I didn't have one of these Ameco or equivalent filters.  TVI always depended on the channel being viewed and the band being transmitted on.  But reading the instructions above, maybe the problem was harmonics from the HW-16 ?  A filter like this wouldn't have helped.  In a way I miss those days.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm 




Comments