Ready to burn and crash !
I have resisted the install of development software on this Lenovo Ideapad. It is an underpowered machine so I figured that I could always run those kind of programs on my other computers (Windows 10). But I guess I've gotten familiar with this Windows 11 machine, the older ones seem a little "off" - especially the keyboards.
So I decided to resurrect at least my old PIC "Burn and Crash" setup:
the PIC development icons on the squiggly road desktop of this Lenovo Ideapad
The editor is either Notepad or Write, the simple text editors built into Windows.
The assembler is MPASMX:
https://www.microchip.com/en-us/tools-resources/develop/mplab-x-ide
To save from downloading a buncha stuff I wouldn't use I just copied the whole MPASMX directory (less than 100 megabytes) from the MPLABX install on an older machine.
The PIC programmer is PICkitminus which is available here:
https://github.com/jaka-fi/PICkitminus
I also had to install the older .NET Framework 2.0 from Microsoft which was the longest part of setting up the PICkitminus install.
Here is hoping that this works well and gets me back into developing PIC code.
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm
Comments