New Koss Headset

In a recent blog post the Koss Headset with a built in USB port was mentioned:

https://wb9kzy.blogspot.com/2025/08/time-for-freedv.html 

For no good reason I did look on Ebay and bought one:




It was listed as NEW but really more like: "new ?"  and there was a slight "air" about it.
it was out of the box at least once before I got it



Oh well, the seller did mail it as I wanted.  The headset is comfortable although I'm not sure how much I can bend the microphone stalk.  It also sounds fine and it seems to record OK although with a little hum.  I'm not sure if there are any adjustments, there aren't any instructions in the box or on the Koss site.  It really was plug and play - after plugging in the SB-45 I was able to hear mp3 files and record a voice message without doing anything other than opening the mp3 player and voice recorder, nice.

I'm partly prepared for FreeDV - it's already September, really need to put up at least some kind of antenna !  Also need to create an interface box to the transceivers.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm 


Comments