I was tempted

I've mentioned the Lionel Communications Lab 3270 before:

https://wb9kzy.blogspot.com/2023/12/lionel-communications-lab-mark-i.html 

I saw this 3270 on Ebay in an unopened box:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/167780230691 

The semi-obligatory deflated price:




In other words, it's actually cheaper than it was new !

They also had the Lionel Communications Lab 3272:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/167780324136 

This one is definitely the buy of the two based on value, (assuming that $39.95 marked on the box is accurate):

Inflated price for the 3272:




The cheapest person on earth defers on them both: "it could be a pig-in-a-poke" (or in this case, a sealed cardboard box.  And of course I'd open it, fiddle with it for 15 minutes and then set it aside :(

Update:  I had watched both Ebay listings above, sure enough, in the early evening I got offers on both of 5% off, get thee behind me, Satan !  :) 

 

Update 2025-9-10: Temptation is OVER: 



 

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm 


Comments