Been meaning to get to this

I use hearing protection when using power tools but recently that also includes vacuum cleaners.  I use an old pair of Acoustic Research over the ear stereo headphones which are comfortable and do the job but I should use the old Peltor hearing protector instead.  The problem is the Peltor ear pads started cracking which exposes the foam making them less effective and less comfortable at the same time:

too much time spent mowing the grass ?



 

I bought these replacement pads on Ebay a while back but today decided to find them and use them:





It was hard to figure out the best way to get the old pads off, ended up just cutting them off with a scissors.  Then a quick peel and press and voila:





They seem to work, sound is different - not sure if it is better or worse but at least it makes vacuuming more bearable.

Update 2025-07-13:  unfortunately the stickem came loose on one of the new pads :(   I'll have to get some kind of glue or tape - maybe I will just buy a new Peltor on Ebay, the ones I have certainly are old enough to vote !


Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm 




Comments