More April Sadness

Continuing with a look at the Ebay junk box here are 3 more items.  First 3 pre-wound transformers:




They are 1:1 and have an inductance of about 820 uH - the wire is quite heavy so I'm assuming these were for some kind of isolated switching supply or ??  I was thinking of building a switcher so these may prove useful.

Here are two bags of what appear to be MAX232 clones (RS-232 interface chips) along with the caps needed for the positive and negative voltages:


  They might be useful but 10 ?  Even though these chips can sometimes be sensitive to static not sure I'd even need more than one or two.

Finally a PCMCIA flash memory card from Sandisk.


  I tried it in the only machine I have that has PCMCIA card slots, an old Thinkpad 600E.  I wasn't able to get anything going but probably I don't have the correct driver installed.  220 Megabytes is somewhat puny judged by the flash offerings of the 21st century.  I guess I was just curious as to what might be on the card.

I'll keep digging through the box in the coming days.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm


Comments