Shake, shake, shake
I found this while looking through a box of flashlights:
It's one of those shaker flashlights that used a cylindrical magnet and a coil of magnet wire to generate a charging voltage for a supercap. I actually found a couple more shakers but one was dead and the other gave out a kind of scratchy red light, the switch might be going bad. They are hard to fix because everything appears to be glued in place. Anyway, the beam of light that this one produces from the white LED is kinda weak - but certainly better than nothing.
I did see some of these on ebay but the prices in the 20 dollar range seemed too high to me.
Now that winter is here there's more of a chance of extended power outages on the island so it'll be good to get things ready in case the power does go out for a while.
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm
Comments