One item comes off the shame shelf
I had purchased this non-Nikon (notice it says: For Nikon) IR remote for the D40 SLR some time ago on Ebay. It did work at first but then NOPE ! So it got put on the shame shelf with the other broke stuff.
Today I noticed it and since I had just purchased a bunch of CR2032 lithium cells on Ebay, why not give it a re-try ? So I put the CR2032 in, almost inserting it upside down but caught the error. Then I got out the cheap cell phone that I use as an MP3 music player. The cameras on the cheaper phones don't have an IR filter so it's easy to try an IR remote (in a darkened room) and see if the IR LED lights - and it did !
So the next step was to get out the Nikon D40 and try it but still NOPE. I then delved into the menus and turned on the IR remote and voila, it works !
| A picture of me triggering the D40 camera with the IR remote control |
Then I looked at the cell that came with the remote, it was NOT a CR2032, it was the slightly skinnier CR2025 so possibly a bad connection was the problem ? Anyway, it works now, hurrah !
| CR2025 is on the left, CR2032 on the right |
The CR2025 still puts out 3.3 volts even after all these years.
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm

Comments