Class Ring
I have been listening to this book:
source: https://www.wpr.org/shows/chapter-day/remarkably-bright-creatures-19-of-20
It's an interesting book - one artifact that figures into the story is a high school class ring.
I asked a few classmates if they had gotten a Nicolet High School class of 1973 ring. None of the four who responded had gotten one. I also tried searching online for one to at least see a picture, nope ! So I guess that class rings had fallen out of favor in 1973. Also I didn't find any record of prices for the 1973 class rings online.
For some reason I seem to recall that the price was under $40 - that would inflate to:
My Mom had offered to get me a class ring but I refused - I feel bad about that now - not so much for the ring itself but that I think it meant more to her than to me - a symbol of a small achievement by her son ?
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm
source: https://www.wpr.org/shows/chapter-day/remarkably-bright-creatures-19-of-20
It's an interesting book - one artifact that figures into the story is a high school class ring.
I asked a few classmates if they had gotten a Nicolet High School class of 1973 ring. None of the four who responded had gotten one. I also tried searching online for one to at least see a picture, nope ! So I guess that class rings had fallen out of favor in 1973. Also I didn't find any record of prices for the 1973 class rings online.
For some reason I seem to recall that the price was under $40 - that would inflate to:
![]() |
| a little on the expensive side |
My Mom had offered to get me a class ring but I refused - I feel bad about that now - not so much for the ring itself but that I think it meant more to her than to me - a symbol of a small achievement by her son ?
Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm


Comments