Latest Gmail ? NG

About a week ago (March 11, 2024 after 2PM) Gmail finally forced me to use the latest online version, here's my previous blog on Gmail:

https://wb9kzy.blogspot.com/2023/11/when-internet-changes-its-usually-for.html

Latest Gmail ? Yuck.  For one thing, it is slower:
interstitial screens = slower
 
On Monday, March 18 2024 it got even worse.  I had an email in the inbox that appeared to be phishing scam.  One of these "we couldn't deliver your parcel" types.  So I tried looking on the latest Gmail for a way to view the email source without actually opening the email.

Nope, Gmail opened the email for me, not only that, it also opened the link in the email in a new window.

Thanks a lot latest Gmail.

I'm not sure if it is actually a phishing scam but I did report it since it was a .nl site and a .fr email address, ( I don't live in the Netherlands OR send parcels to the Netherlands, same with France), should have reported Phishing immediately without trying to look at the source of the message.

Later I deleted the message from the spam folder, still don't know how to look at the source, it's easy to do in other online readers.

Maybe I'll just abandon online email and use Thunderbird offline ?  
 
As mentioned before, the internet only gets worse over time.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm