the sheepskin

 This is Father's Day, 2022 so a special "Thank You, Dad" blog post.  And here is the sheepskin:

It doesn't actually say BSEE but it was for electrical engineering

 

  I found a cassette tape my Dad made of my college graduation ceremony (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee) from May 1977.  I tried converting it to digital mp3 format to share it here.  It was held at the Arena in Milwaukee.

Radio Shack is now a memory but UWM continues (they ask for money regularly :)

 



He didn't record the entire two hours (whew) but in case you'd like to skip, here are the times of the various speakers:

Part one (about 54 megabytes):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssfk0s8764mu88t/UWM%20graduation%201977%20part%201.mp3?dl=0

0      organ music at the Arena
4:30 the National Anthem
6      introduction by UWM Chancellor Baum
15    Gov. Lucey
23    Bertram McNamara for the UW Board of Regents



Part two (about 31 megabytes):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaljt54lruc3851/UWM%20graduation%201977%20part%202.mp3?dl=0

0    Bertram McNamara continued
3    Honorary degrees
4    Dean Landis, College of Engineering and Applied Science
5    organ
6    Dr. Weaver:  Charge to the Graduates
13  Recessional

As I recall (and this may be wrong) it cost the folks something on the order of $2000 (or about $9700 in 2022 dollars) to send me to UWM for 4 years.  Thanks Mom and Dad.  A pretty decent value IMO.  In fact my Dad told me once that they were able to take several trips to Europe with the money that would have been spent sending me to a fancier school.  One of the few times I ever helped them out.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm