Slight progress on the solid state Heathkit IG-102 signal generator

I started probing around the kit with a voltmeter and scope.  The DC readings on the transistors in the 12AT7 socket seemed reasonable.  But the transistor reading for 6AN8 socket was off on the audio LC oscillator pin 1 (drain) below a volt.  I tried subbing other transistors but no help.

The transistors in the 6AN8 socket are the audio LC oscillator and buffer amplifier.  The transistors in the 12AT7 socket are the RF oscillators - so I tried looking at the output of the transistor in the12AT7 socket before it is coupled to the buffer:


It's not a perfect sine but certainly a lot better than the buffered output.  Then I ran into more trouble - the oscillator suddenly quit as I was probing the buffered output with the scope.  It took a long time but I finally realized that I had shorted the 9V supply to ground through the 75 ohm added resistor but that I hadn't noticed excessive current due to the HP supply current limiting.  After removing that short the oscillation returned but decided to pull the switch and hit it again tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm