Documentation from the 20th century

I was looking for the Heathkit IG-102 manual and did find it but also found the invoices and the classified ad:

from Sunday March 23, 1980 Chicago Tribune


Why did I buy with two transactions ?

The VTVM cost more than the signal generator !  $20 versus $15  -  also, shipping included  - and even amount pricing (file that away for the future) !

If only I had gotten the IO-4560 scope !  $60 might have been too much ?  While it was a solid state design it was only 5 MHz and no calibrated time base or 1-2-5 calibrated vertical amp.  So I must have turned up my engineering nose at such a primitive beast (although I eventually bought a 100 kHz Fairchild hybrid tube/transistor scope that was equally primitive).

The Vectorscope ?  IO-101  must not have seemed like a good deal being only 10 bucks off ?  Also I probably didn't (and still don't) understand how it was used.




A rough 4x inflation factor - of course I get more from Social Security today than I got as my pay in those days :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm