USPS & kits

Lately the USPS has been messing up my kit delivery.  I can't speak to incoming delivery of mail orders - all seems OK per Informed Delivery and I haven't had any complaints from customers about orders they've sent.

Today I got an email from a customer that the USPS confirmed they lost an order parcel.  The USPS was able to show the customer a picture of the parcel as received locally but did not know what had happened to it.  It had been marked as delivered to a P.O.Box - problem is that the customer parcel was sent to a street address:
The parcel was mailed on Monday June 3 in the afternoon.  It was marked as delivered by the USPS on Saturday June 8 at 3:12 PM.  Now one nice thing is that USPS Ground Advantage is insured so my customer will hopefully get his money back from the USPS, we will see.  Insurance is one improvement over the former 1st class parcel service.

And there are minor annoyances with the USPS, for example the tracking was temporarily unavailable when I was working on this blog post.  Another annoyance, the lost parcel above was sent on a Monday because the USPS never picked it up on Saturday June 1 from my mailbox.  And this same thing happened on June 15 with a different order parcel - it also went out the next Monday June 17.  

One further (non-kit) annoyance was my house insurance bill.  Per Informed Delivery it was supposed to be delivered on Friday May 31 - I didn't receive it so checked the box on Informed Delivery.

Just as I was about to call the insurance company for a replacement bill it finally arrived on Monday June 10 with a second post mark as seen here:

The common factor with the kit problems seems to be Saturday, the parcel was lost on a Saturday - the last two attempts to mail a parcel on Saturday were unsuccessful.  Do they have the part time people working on Saturday, is that why there are these problems ?

It's not like there is another choice - the USPS is really the only viable way for me to send parcels.  If I can't count on them I've got to think about shutting the business.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm