Stubby Hubble

I thought this video was really interesting (although it is over a year old):

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mXRf5YiWJk

The gist of the video is that the Hubble is a longer version of the KH-11 spy satellite.  Longer both physically and in focal length - hence the name for the KH-11: Stubby Hubble.

NASA was given 2 KH11 satellites plus parts for a third ?  And they might use them as the basis for a new Mars orbiter and/or the Nancy Grace Roman space telescope ?   Wow !

In 2019 President Trump tweeted a presumed KH-11 photo of an Iranian launch facility after a failed Safir rocket launch.  From the center shine this is a cellphone picture of a printed handout so the actual files may be even more detailed:

I wonder about the gyros in the KH-11, are they the same/better/worse than the ones in the Hubble ?  I also wonder if NASA might take those parts from the third spy satellite to make an upgraded Lunar Recon. Orbiter ?  Lots of stuff happening on the Moon these days - and with no atmosphere I suspect the resolution of Moon pictures would be amazing.

I used to take Buddy (a golden retriever) out before bedtime for a chance to relieve himself.  Once on a moonless clear night on the Island I saw two satellites moving in a crossing path from north to south above us - my eyesight was better then but I assume they were big birds like the KH-11 in polar orbits that cover the earth - Bud wasn't the least bit interested :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm