Garbanzo

For the first time in a long time (since September 2022) I decided to try pressure canning some dried garbanzo beans.   These round beauties have a nice flavor, very hearty.  Usually I pressure can 4 pints at a time.  I pre-soaked the garbanzos in salted water for 8 hours.

But when I started putting the soaked garbanzos into the canning jars I realized that I only had enough for 2 pints - I had split the 1 pound bag in half using my kitchen scale but I should have used the whole bag !

In defense of my memory, in 2022 I was still working on a 20 pound bag of garbanzos so that must have messed up my calculations.  Anyway I canned just two of the pint jars for 12 minutes at 10 psi after adding 1/8 teaspoon of salt to each jar.  They are delicious.

But it occurred to me that I should have a kitchen notebook similar to my lab notebooks !  Since shifting over to the graph paper style for the lab notebook I now have a stack of regular lined marble notebooks that need a purpose !

The first thing I will write in the kitchen book is the recipe for canned garbanzos !

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm