Defeats the dark on a daily basis

I was never afraid of the dark as a kid.   In fact I always resented night lights even though necessary.  I remember when we moved to the Fox Point house that one bedroom had a light switch with a neon bulb nightlight built into it.  So this became my room - I hated that neon bulb.  I'd get up, turn on the light at the switch and then turn it off at the lamp.  This would always irritate my parents, but it did turn off the neon bulb.

Well that house and neon night light are in times long past.  But now as an official senior citizen I am always getting up in the middle of the night at least once.  Instead of an always on nightlight I bought a LED motion sensor light powered by 4 AA cells from Harbor Freight.  It works quite well, preserves the darkness until I get up and then goes on to lead me to the light switch.



As can be seen in the varying color of the plastic it's getting old now, must be well over 20 years.  I had another one but it fell victim to the dreaded alkaline leak !

Harbor Freight, you were a good and faithful middleman between the factories of the east and my grasping fingers - but since Harbor Freight stopped mailing the catalogs, I stopped ordering.

It must be satisfying to produce things that people use and depend on every day.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY

http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm