Partstack ?

I was searching for a possible NPN transistor array that could be used in ham radio kits when Bing served up this site:




I knew about Octopart and Findchips but had never heard of Partstack before.

Not sure that these sites are all that useful, I try to avoid most of the actual distributors and usually go to both Digi-key and Mouser.  Most often I'll order from Mouser but at the very least I'll kerchunk the part into the shopping cart of both sites and leave the ordering for another day.

Sometimes I'll buy on ebay but I do try to use Mouser or Digi-key for things like ICs - counterfeits are less likely from "official" authorized distributors.

BTW, I'm afraid that the only transistor arrays available from Onsemi are surface mount.  The MMPQ3904 is a 16 pin SO package so not too tiny.  It only has 4 transistors though so might not be useful for SA602 replacement where 6 would be nice.  Having an array presumably results in matched transistors but one other important factor is the fact that sharing the same die means that the effects of temperature would be the same for all transistors.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm