Trust

I got my electric bill in the mail from the co-op on 10-23-202 - fine, I usually get out the checkbook and get the payment ready and mail it the next day.



But not this time.

Why ?  Because I never got my bill last month.  I ended up looking the bill up online, printing it and took the payment to the co-op on my bicycle.  The thing is that I'm starting to lose trust in the post office.  For some reason all of the mail on the island, even if it is sent to someone else on the island, has to be sent to Green Bay.  Then hopefully it comes back the next day.  

In a way this is nice because I can use Informed Delivery to see if there is any mail for me that day.  But when service changes (gets slower) it changes the way the postal customers use the mail.

I remember hearing my Dad tell me about the mail service when he was a kid (might have been in Appleton or Milwaukee) - there were TWO mail deliveries a day.  This was really handy for a quick reply, you might get a letter in the morning, write a response and give it to the mailman at the second post for delivery either that same day or the next day.  We had something similar at GTE with company mail.  There were a lot of items on routing lists that could be quickly handled from the morning and on their way in the afternoon.  It changed the way I used the mail.

And I have to wonder if this also is affecting kit sales ?  People may have sent in an order but I may have not gotten the letter.

It turned out that many people on the island didn't get their co-op bills last month.  Some big mail hiccup in Green Bay ?  There's obviously a lot more to it and hopefully it was just a one time thing but from now on I'll be biking the check to the co-op and saving my first class stamp.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm