Communications Quarterly


Communications Quarterly was a ham radio technical magazine, I was a subscriber.  It folded at the end of 1999 and somehow was continued as a monthly expanded version of QEX although I'm not sure if any of the people involved moved to QEX though.

It was a good magazine while it lasted, maybe more theoretical than practical but interesting.  For example, K6OLG published an article in the Winter 1993 issue about LC testing that used the concept of a shifted oscillator.  This shifted oscillator idea was also used by the very famous AADE LC meter.  K6OLG also mentioned the Tektronix model 130 LC meter which also used this idea.  I have a model 130 around somewhere which I bought from GTE as surplus but it developed a needle palsy - as I recall it had a special tube that was hard to get so I never got the shake fixed.

Now Worldradiohistory has scans of all the issues for download:

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Communications/Communications-Quarterly.htm

It's also available on archive.org.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm