boy/girl deaths Nicolet class of 1973

It's been more than 50 years since graduation


there have been some recent deaths reported here:

https://www.classcreator.com/Glendale-WI-Nicolet-1973/class_inmemory.cfm

7 of the names on the page are teachers/staff at Nicolet, not part of the class of 1973 so they were excluded from the count.

25 female
54 male
-- ------
79 total deaths

Per the graduation program, there were 548 graduates in 1973, 279 boys and 269 girls.  About 14 percent of us have died.  The numbers are imperfect, some of the deaths were people who didn't graduate and my vision isn't that good anymore so the counts may be off.

I won't be going to the 50th reunion in September, reasoning is that I remember these people as they were: young, slim and strong with plans for the future, their whole lives ahead of them.  I know it's immature but I just can't feature the people lost, why were they taken and here I remain ?   I blame this post on today being a gloomy Saturday :)

afternoon update:  the sun came out and there's a cool breeze coming out of the north and I saw this announcement:


I never knew that there were two Grammy winners in the class, keeping with the topic of this post though, one of the two fellows died.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm