Trying out "the Orb" aka Super Whoopee

 I breadboarded the Super Whoopee circuit although I left off the 3 audio amplifier transistors and the speaker.  I wasn't able to find my 2n107 so I used a 2n241 instead.  Here is the magazine schematic again:

Here is the breadboard:





I then connected the output to an LM380 audio amp.  I used 3 switches of a DIP switch for S4, S5 and S6 instead of using mercury switches.  Then I took pictures and captured sound for each of the 8 combinations of the three switches:



It isn't as much fun as I remember.  Of course that was more than 50 years ago now :)  Anyway, don't think I'll pursue the Super Whoopee idea any further, at least as it was.  Although maybe if I get one of those TI sound chips ?  We'll see.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm