Had to enlist an old friend

I read on the internet that the Ramsey FM-10 works better if enclosed in a metal box.  So I found a Swiss Colony tin in the junkbox which already had a bunch of holes from previous projects.




But the Ramsey board was just a little too long for the square tin.  So I used the old friend, an Adel Nibbler which I got in 2018.  Several nibbling passes later and the Ramsey fit nicely.  The Ramsey board was the older style, single sided composition board so it notched more easily than fiberglass would have.

.
no no, wrong Nibbler !



I also stuck in an LED pilot light and used a cable tie to hold the 9V battery instead of the included metal clip.  It works pretty well with just a short clip lead as an antenna.  I was able to hear it well over 100 feet away from the house in both the front and back yards.  I still need to complete the setup, add a whip antenna and possibly some other mods but I am very happy with the kit as is.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm