Attack of the anti-static foam

I needed a 2 digit, 7 segment LED display for a prototype.  While I will probably buy something different eventually I thought I might as well use what I have on hand.




Unfortunately the black anti-static foam has messed up the leads of the green display I wanted to use.  I tried using a voltage source/resistor to check the segments, only could get one segment to light.  I had put the displays in the foam more to protect the pins than to prevent static damage.



Luckily I also have some of these National 2 digit displays that didn't have pins so no problem - they are golden :)



Bottom line: Leaving a part in the junkbox untouched for decade (or longer ?) may result in that part turning into actual junk.

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm