Sometimes I go looking for trouble

A customer had a build problem with a kit.  I suggested a couple of things to check and he was able to fix the problem.  Wonderful, right ?

But he sent a picture of the problem area and I noticed that the chip in the picture wasn't the correct chip.  He assured me that the kit worked OK.

I finally realized that he had sent a picture from the build section of the manual which highlighted where the build problem was located.  That build part of the manual was meant to cover multiple kits with different chips.  So it showed a different chip than I had expected.   In other words I didn't recognize my own handiwork  !
 

Two lessons learned:

1) believe the customer !

2) don't go looking for trouble, you will find it even if it isn't there :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm