The only good thing about the pandemic ?


One thing I usually check on every Monday morning is the sale flyer from Mann's, the island grocery store:

https://www.mannsgrocery.com/Pdf_Ads/Index/

I also usually check the sale flyer from a small group of stores in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on Sundays:

http://www.larrysfamilyfoods.com/Pdf_Ads/Index/_SS_


Larry's has the same wholesaler as Mann's so it's interesting to see a superset of what Mann's will offer the next day.  But the weird thing before the pandemic was that while Larry's flyer was always up on time, the Mann's flyer might be missing for days.  I might call Mann's and complain but then I started emailing their website provider, Webstop.  Webstop would then forward the email to the consultant for the wholesaler.  The consultant would usually explain that the printer of the Mann's flyer was supposed to get the pdf file to her before Monday but that he had to sneakernet the file on a USB drive !  Yes the 21st century is so advanced.

Then the pandemic hit and I went to Mann's less and less and sort of lost interest in the flyer.  Recently though the sale flyer is almost always up on Monday morning.  On the rare occasions where it isn't I'll email the consultant directly and the flyer is usually up quickly.  The consultant mentioned that the printer stopped sneakernetting the file and began emailing it.   I'm assuming this change to email was at least in part due to the pandemic.

Btw, yes I am fussy about people doing their job correctly, can't help it, I was a QA guy :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm