Life (sorta) Imitates Art

 I usually listen to Chapter a Day on M-F when I exercise.  On Friday I was going to listen to the last chapter of a whodunit: Rest You Merry by Charlotte MacLeod.

the first book of a series


But at 8:03 AM all I get is dead air, there is a carrier because 90.1 MHz, WNMU is in the UP of Michigan (Marquette) so the signal is marginal (noisy) here.   I leave it on and finally at 8:16 AM the story comes on but in progress !  

So I shut it off - I'll get the last chapter from Wisconsin Public Radio and listen tomorrow.




But it reminded me of the recent Masterpiece Mystery:  Magpie Murders

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/get-ready-for-magpie-murders/


The heroine is a book editor, Susan Ryeland.  One of her mystery authors has died and the manuscript for his last book: Magpie Murders is missing the last chapter.  So the story follows Susan as she finds out what happened to the last chapter.

It's an entertaining story and maybe best of all:  no sequel season 2 :)

I guess it's not a perfect case of life imitating art but similar enough to provoke a blog remark :)  

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm