Stuff Happens

You know how it is, just when you need something urgently:  Stuff Happens

In addition to selling the kits I sell books about Washington Island and also do a little printing for one of the local museums.  This museum stays open until Columbus Day.  They are out of two items I print for them.  So I had to buy a new printer cartridge because the last cartridge I bought pooped out after 400 sheets, thanks a lot HP !  This was partially my fault, I had bought the extra life cartidge but had been sent the regular cartridge.  

Stuff Happens.

The new cartridge arrived (from Ebay) and it was a new, genuine HP.  I tried using it and got this:

perfect only for printing horizontal pictures of zebras ?


Stuff Happens.  
 

I will try to return the cartridge for a refund and buy a different one.  But this will take a few days and it's already been over a week since the order.  Pretty soon it will be Labor Day and Columbus Day is coming up.

BTW, I was tickled to find the origin of the phrase:  Stuff Happens.  It happens to be from one of my favorite old time radio shows:  Vic and Sade.  The first occurrence (at least for which there is an mp3 file) is October 14, 1941: (it's at about 13:50 if you want to skip ahead)

https://archive.org/details/VicandSade1941/Vic_And_Sade_411014_VIC_DECLINES_CORONET.mp3


Did the GIs pick up the phrase: STUFF HAPPENS and change it slightly to the current vulgar but more forceful form ? :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm 

 

Update 9-3-22: Ebay refunded my payment for the bad cart. The seller didn't even bother to respond.