Death and kit sales

 I remember a customer of mine who bought quite a few chips from me emailing what I thought at the time was a strange question:  "Did my heirs have a plan of action with regard to my business IF I should die ?  How would he be able to keep obtaining product from me ?"  Well I thought about it and contacted someone and arranged to have the commerce continue even if I died.

The ironic thing is that of all the people involved, my customer, his sales rep, my friend who would have taken over the sales, my Dad who would have been my Personal Representative (executor of the will) I am the only one who is still living.  

But it was a sensible thing to ask, loss of a single source of a critical component could be a big hassle for sales of a product.  Getting your suppliers thinking about the need to prepare for death ahead of time is the undeniably logical, Spockian, approach to life.

I remember another customer who purchased chips in quantity from me.  He would periodically email me and ask for an invoice for X amount of product.  One day I realized that I hadn't gotten any emails from him in quite some time.  Doing a little internet research revealed the fact that he too had passed away.

Maybe business contact with me is a bad thing for a customer's health ?  I hope not.    I guess my only plan is to continue to be "healthy as a horse" :)

Best Regards,
Chuck, WB9KZY
http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm