Informed Delivery and LOTW

 I finally signed up for LOTW (Logbook of the world)  on February 9, 2022.  In the US the ARRL then sends a postcard with a verification password printed on it.  I've been waiting 10 days now and Eureka ! I found it on USPS Informed Delivery the morning of February 19, 2022:


My LOTW postcard with the magic number blacked out

It looks like there is a strip of tape over the (incorrect?) barcode at the bottom of the postcard so I assume that that was what caused the long transit time from CT to WI.

I tried punching in the number (lucky it was on the front of the card, Informed Delivery doesn't show the back) and it worked:

the LOTW confirmation screen cap

So now I have to wait for the next step in the process (probably Monday as it's a Saturday today).  

Then I need to get back on the air, which isn't going to happen until it's warmer than 10F and the crazy wind dies down so I can get outside and fix those antennas.

Best Regards,

Chuck, WB9KZY 

http://wb9kzy.com/ham.htm

PS  I got the card in the afternoon mail, here is what is on the back: